Apr. 16, 2020
Turbo chargers for cars bearing damage
Phenomenon: supercharger bearing damage, engine power decline, high oil consumption, black smoke, a serious supercharger can not work.
(1) insufficient lubricating oil pressure and flow.
A. insufficient supply of lubricants for supercharger journal and thrust bearings;
B. Insufficient lubricating oil to keep the rotor journal floating between the bearing;
C. The supercharger has been running at high speed, but the lubricating oil has not been supplied in time.
(2) debris or sediment into the lubrication system.
(3) oil oxidation deterioration.
A. The diesel oil is too hot, and the gas flowing between the piston and the cylinder wall is too much;
B. Leakage of cooling water into the oil;
C. Improper selection of oil and failure to change the oil regularly as required.
(1) check whether the lubricating oil pressure is normal and the oil quantity meets the requirements.
(2) according to the requirements, regularly change the lubricating oil, and ensure that the lubricating oil is clean.
(3) lubricating oil shall be used in strict accordance with the requirements and shall not be mixed.
(4) the engine should be avoided to work under high temperature, and the normal operating temperature of the engine should be maintained.
If the above phenomenon occurs, disassemble the OEM truck and clean it with OEM Turbo chargers for trucks factory, and replace the corresponding parts. When oil leakage is found in the turbocharger, check whether the supercharger return pipe and the diesel engine ventilation pipe are blocked and the oil cooler is working properly. When the oil is found to be sludged, the oil and oil filter should be replaced immediately in accordance with the regulations, only in this way, to eliminate the fault of the supercharger, to ensure that it works in the best condition.
The service life of supercharger is shortened
(1) incorrect installation. According to the requirements, when the supercharger is installed, the floating bearing should be filled with oil first, to avoid the oil cannot be timely supplied to the floating bearing when the engine starts, resulting in dry wear and damage to the floating bearing.
(2) incorrect startup. The supercharged engine must be idle for several minutes after starting to ensure that the supercharger can run at high speed only after the oil reaches the floating bearing.
(3) the shutdown is not correct. Before the stop should idle running for a few minutes, so that the supercharger rotor gradually decelerate, cooling. When the engine stops suddenly, the oil supply stops and the rotor rotates at a high speed under the action of inertia. At this time, the floating bearing will be worn and even ablated due to high temperature and lack of oil.
(4) incorrect selection of oil. The engine that installs supercharger its heat load and mechanical load increase greatly, the requirement lubricating oil has a good viscosity-temperature characteristic, fight oxidation sex and wear resistance sex, must want to choose quality good engine oil.
For the above faults, the installation and use of the supercharger should be in strict accordance with the requirements of the operating manual correct operation; Check and clean the air filter regularly to ensure smooth air intake; Regularly clean the oil sludge on the compressor impeller, and check the use of the compressor impeller fixing screws and blades, to prevent the impeller from falling off and causing major accidents; Use the engine oil according to the standard issued by the regular manufacturer, operate the start and stop of the engine according to the operating procedures, avoid starting the idling operation for a long time.
Turbo Chargers For Cars